Thursday, September 5, 2019

Back to School Night


Hello!
We had a great Back to School night last night with many families visiting the library. I had an opportunity to talk to parents and their children about the wonderful design of the library as well as the gifted middle school level books from DPS Library Services.

I had a chance to promote the book club which is now going to be on Tuesdays after school and on the 2nd floor. Ms. Montgomery has tremendous plans to make the club really fun … including t-shirts!

Following up on positive teacher feedback about resource links … I’ve included some more below!
One of the resources I’ve used extensively in the past is the Khan Academy. I used their engaging videos to demonstrate and explain difficult concepts (like the difference between economic systems). Here is the link.


Another great resource ... the informative and compelling TED Talks. One of the best, that I have used often with my students, is The Danger of the Single Story.


Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment