Tuesday, March 16, 2021

SparkNotes

 Of course SparkNotes has been around for a long time. I know I used it while teaching high school - and my students used it to simplify study tasks.

I re-visited SparkNotes and went to the Teacher option. SparkNotes has a catchy new look but there appears to be a subscription cost.

I scrolled to the bottom where it claims there are free resources. “The #1 free study site for students”. I went to “Other Subjects”, and then “Search all SparkNotes”. I went to “Short Stories … written works”.

I selected The Monkey's Paw by author W. W. Jacobs.

I was pleased to see lots of ‘help’ for free. Plot, themes, quote analysis, etc.

Also … there are middle school related titles such as A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings by Gabriel García Márquez, and Every Day Use by Alice Walker.

Verdict … SparkNotes does have free access to some of their study help. It’s worth adding this academic tool to your internet list.

 

https://www.sparknotes.com/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment